Saturday, September 19, 2009

Yale student was targeted, police say

          On Sunday at around 5 p.m in New Haven, Connecticut, the body of Annie Le was found stuffed in a wall on the day she was supposed to be married. New Haven police officer Joe Avery said, "We do not believe it's a random act, that's all I'm giving you right now." Investigators appear to be closer to determining who killed the 24 year old girl who was a Yale University graduate. The other Yale students are shocked that something like this could have happened at such a safe facility like Yale. One student, Natoya Peart of Jamaica, said "I'm not walking at nights by myself anymore. It could happen to anyone, anytime, anywhere." Le was supposed to be married to Columbia University graduate student Jonathan Widawsky that same day, but sadly, it is never going to happen. The death is the first killing at Yale since the unsolved December 1998 death of Yale student Suzanne Jovin.

          I think that this is a very sad story. Annie Le was apparently an extremely smart individual who wanted to be involved in medicine. Her long term goal was to become a laboratory pathologist, which would take 12 years of higher education. I don't understand how anybody would have the nerve to target and kill this girl who never hurt anybody. This girl was obviously going places in life, but somebody took that away from her. I hope that the police can solve this crime, find the killer, and then put him or her behind bars, so that nothing like this will ever happen again. Also, I think Yale needs to upgrade their security, because obviously somebody snuck in who wasn't supposed to. This is a very tragic event and I hope it will never happen again to anybody.

1 comment:

Ben Sutton said...

I agree with you Craig, she obviously was going somewhere in life, and would have done very well in medicine. I also agree that Yale does need to upgrade their security. Obviously if some person could come in, kill women. Then stuff her in a wall and walk out without a single question asked, there's something wrong! It's also extremely sad that they found her body on her wedding day.
So i agree with you 100%.